December 12, 2017

Christmas Surprise: Letter from Bennett

Hello!  The past few weeks have been amazing. There's been a lot of stuff happening. Our investigators have all been hitting a bit of a rough patch right now in life. The mission has received smart phones. Transfer calls are in.

Elder Barney and I have been teaching two individuals plus a part member family. It's been amazing to see all of them progress so well these past few weeks. We were hoping for them all to be baptized this month but due to some events it's looking like only one will be baptized this month. Thankfully the rest are looking forward to January. One is waiting for approval from the first presidency. The others are working through some difficulties as well as concerns. Over all it's been a real testimony builder to see that no matter what challenges, questions, or conerns you may have in life, the gospel of Jesus Christ can fix everything.

The mission received phones on Wednesday. It certainly was a blessing for me because my iPad is currently broken. I didn't realize how helpful technology was in missionary work until I went without it. Technology certainly is an amazing tool.

Transfer calls are in! Elder Barney will be going home to spend Christmas with his family. I'll certainly miss serving with him. My new comps are Elder Olsen and Elder Hunter. I'll be in a trio for a little while due to Elder Olsen going home in three weeks. Once he's home Elder Hunter and I will be comps as usual. It's going to be fun serving with these two. I'm excited to continue to serve in the Bear Mountain Ward.

Here's some pictures of Elder Barney and I as well as some friends in the Mish:





          Muktuk is a native dish. 
          It is rubbery whale blubber. 
          Probably the grosses thing I've ever eaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment