March 13, 2018

The Law of the Harvest

Great week out here in Palmer. It's been a bit trippy being back in the same zone where I started my mission. I've been able to bump into a few ward members from my first area. I also got to see the Millers. They are converts from my first area. It was the best feeling in the world seeing them still active in the Church and serving in callings. I forgot to take a picture but I'll make sure to do so next time I see them.

We had zone conference and stake conference all in the same weekend. It was actually pretty chaotic having both the day after I got to the area but I'm super happy we had them early. The mission President has recently been emphasizing the Law of the Harvest. The Law of the Harvest is pretty much comparing the work a farmer puts into raising a full field of corn to missionary work. When harvest season comes around the farmer can expect a full field of corn. It's similar to missionary work, in the aspect of putting in all the things necessary to help investigators progress in the Gospel. Just as a farmer must fertilize, plow, plant seeds, provide water, etc. As missionaries we must tract, read the Book of Mormon with investigators, have daily contact, and so forth. All these things lead towards baptisms.

The work is awesome here in Palmer. I'm excited to be serving here. The ward members are super cool.

Have a great week.

Elder Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment