February 27, 2017

McD's airplane delivery:


The past two weeks have been amazing. We had zone conference with Elder and Sister Adern from the Seventy. I got to stay in Juneau for a few days. Transfers happened on Tuesday. I brought some McDonalds back to Petersburg for a member.

Sorry for not being able to email last week. I had to create a new password on my ipad two weeks ago. When I tried to unlock my ipad ten minutes later I realized I had completely forgotten what my new password was. Well... I spent nearly an hour trying over and over attemting to get into my ipad but unfortunately my ipad reset. Apparently if you try too many times all your information gets deleted. I was pretty butthurt about it but thankfully I was able to re-download all my photos.

Ever since then I've been struggling to fix my email app on my ipad. Fortunately I have an awesome ZL who was able to help set up my email.

Juneau was absolutely amazing! It was so cool flying there for zone conference. Elder Dunn and I as well as the Sitka elders were hosted by the Aukbay Elders in the Juneau trailer. The trailer was by far one of the coolest apartments in this mission. They don't even use half of the trailer it's so big. The best part is its fifteen feet away from the church.

Elder and Sister Adern of the seventy came and spoke to the missionaries at zone conference. It was incredible seeing Elder Adern teach. He would flip to scriptures left and right on any subject we were talking about. I've never seen someone know the scriptures so well. While in Juneau Elder and Sister Adern also spoke at a fireside and in sacrament meeting again the following day.

While in Juneau I got transfer calls. Obviously I stayed in Petersburg/Wrangell. My new companion is Elder Hawkins. He's super cool. He came from the Samoan ward in Anchorage. He grew up in Utah for a while. He actually went to Albion middle school for a year. After he graduated high school he moved to American Samoa. He's lived there the past few years before his mission. He speaks fluent Samoan and English. He's got this really cool accent. It's funny seeing people's facial expressions when they first hear him talk since he's a white Samoan.

Before I left for Juneau a member gave me around $70 for McDonalds. Whenever missionaries visit Juneau for zone conference he always gives the missionaries some cash and a list of food he wants. I got him some big macs, fillet-o-fish, cheeseburgers, etc. It was pretty funny buying all that food then flying it down to Petersburg. My bag kinda stinks now but it's all good. It was pretty disgusting seeing the McDonalds bags soaked with grease after the short flight.

Elder Ogden

The Juneau District 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment