January 16, 2018

Amazing Chapel Tours:

This week I was able to go tracting on Alma street. We are currently teaching the most elect person ever! Elder Hunter and I have talked in sacrament meeting on missionary work.

This week I was in the Eagle River area. We did a lot of stop bys and a good amount of tracting. We even made it over to track Alma street. That was super cool. It was a really good experience serving with those Elders for a while. I've been really impressed to see all the new missionaries coming into the field recently. They are all studs. It feels like the missionaries and the mission just keep getting better and better as time move on.

A few weeks ago we tracted into a man named Zane. It was incredible being able to teach and testify of the Book of Mormon on his doorstep. A week later we gave him a chapel tour. In that chapel tour he felt the spirit so strong he even began to talk to his friends about the church. Then this past Saturday he brought his friend Robert to do a chapel tour. Not only was that amazing but throughout the entire tour they were both thrilled to hear the answers we gave to their questions. They even wrote down on paper all the principles we taught. Of course we invited them to church. As Zane attended church services he had his Book of Mormon in one hand and a paper with pen in the other. He took note of all the inspiring words he heard during church. It was motivating to me to witness a sincere truth seeker feel of the spirit. It was inspiring to see how much he treasures the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Elder Hunter and I spoke in church. It was really good to see how much Zane cherished the words spoken in church. I know I'm guilty of sometimes thinking about the upcoming week instead of having my mind focused on the talks. Seeing investigators come to church has taught me a great lesson on absorbing all the information the spirit is teaching through the speakers.

Transfer calls are this week. I'll let you know who my next companion is. It will be a bummer to say goodbye to Elder Hunter but he's served an honorable full time mission.

Have a great week,
Elder Ogden

A pic from MLC last week





The fisheye pics 
come from a sweet 
attachment my 
family sent me!

No comments:

Post a Comment