October 3, 2016

Loving Conference:


Last P Day the district got together and went fishing at the Millers Lake. It wasn't anything crazy. We didn't catch anything. We've been trying to do stuff as a district because the sisters in our district have been complaining about our unity. They brought it up in district meeting. They thought we hated them and all the Elder looked at each other like what the fetch? Freakin Sisters.

Elder Janes and I went on exchanges for three days. It was great serving with him but he doesn't know how to have fun. He's so strict on every little thing. I hate it. He made us walk everywhere because he didn't want to go over on mileage. Of course I don't care about that stuff. Heck, last month Elder Agad and I went 600 miles over our privilege and we get 500 more than most missionaries. I went to the US mail service center to pick up a package and they handed me two so I took both of them. The first one was for me but the second wasn't so I gave it to the other Elders to see if it was theirs. They said no, so instead of giving it back to the center they decided to open it. Inside were two small boxes. We opened the first and saw a large Revolver. We all looked at each other in total shock. We saw that the other box also had a hand gun. We decided to ask a member to deal with it considering we're not allowed to hold any guns. Lol.

We've been doing a lot of service. We made a huge bonfire the other day. We also helped a member cut up a Moose he killed. The member gave us each a Black Bear Claw so that was sweet. The more I meet people the more stuffed bears I see in peoples houses. Just the other day this guy had a six foot Kodiak Brown Bear stuffed in his bedroom as well as 20 other animals. My favorite was this fat mountain goat next to his bed.

General Conference was amazing. It's sad to see President Monson's health as it is, but he is getting old. Hopefully his health gets better. His short yet powerful talks give me a reason to ponder its meanings. I really enjoyed M. Russel Ballards talk on spiritual growth and relating it to climbing a mountain. I could go on and on about conference but I'll just share this short quote. It's not from this conference but it's great. Robert D. Hales- "The greatest blessings of general conference come to us after the conference is over.  Remember the pattern recorded frequently in scripture: we gather to hear the words of the Lord, and we return to our homes to live them." Hearing from these great leaders is a blessing in and of itself but we can find and experience more. If we ponder the teachings and really apply its principles then Heavenly Father will be able to bless us in personal, miraculous, and awe inspiring ways tailored to our needs.

Elder Ogden

Just one picture from Bennett this week,
looks like he found a place to hang his hammock!

No comments:

Post a Comment