January 16, 2017

HBD Captain Rick:

This week has been awesome. I've kinda settled into my new area. Petersburg is complete opposite from Fishhook. The missionary work here is very slow. The past few days have pretty much just been visiting some members then walking around downtown all day. Everyone here knows who the missionaries are, which makes things a little hard. It only takes a week to tract out the entire area. The branch here is super small but they are all awesome.

We sang happy birthday to Captain Rick from season four on Deadliest Catch. He's currently out in Dutch Harbor fishing. I met his manager, whose a member here. He invited us to call and sing to him bc no one is out where they are. Pretty much everyone in Petersburg are huge fishers with million dollar boats.

The weather here is killer. It dumped a bunch of snow then its been raining ever since so everything is icy. It's super scary driving here.

Elder Dunn is my new companion. He's pretty sweet. He's kinda just like me. We're both pretty chill.

Anyway I don't have a lot to talk about this week, but I'll write more next time. And I'll get some photos once it stops raining.

Love and miss you all,

Elder Ogden

Dawn's B-Day & Baptism celebration dinner 
with the Willardson's and Christensen's! 
(Dawn is wearing the yellow sweater, with her family to her left)

            
                    Photo from the plane ride to Petersburg Island

"Golf" Street

No comments:

Post a Comment