April 4, 2017

Bennett needs to learn Samoan Fast:

This week was a hoot and a holler. Listening to the prophet and leaders of this great church was amazing. Elder Hawkins and I celebrated a special birthday with Primo. Elder Hawkins and I received our transfer calls.

General Conference was fun. Elder Hawkins and I tuned in at the church building. To our astonishment only one other member was there. We were hoping for two investigators to be in attendance but that didn't seem to be the case. General priesthood session on the other hand was packed. It was really neat having a potluck for the priesthood session.

Hearing from President Monson was absolutely a blessing. Even though his messages are short they are very sweet. Holland did an amazing job as always. I especially enjoyed Eyring in the General Priesthood session. I also thought Elder Joaquin E. Costa gave a fantastic talk.

Friday was Primo Jones' birthday. He's currently in the hospital so we stopped by hoping to wish him a Happy B-day. To our surprise nearly all the patients and some workers were out celebrating with an Hawaiian luau. It was quite the party.

We received our transfer calls on Friday night. Sadly I will be leaving Petersburg. It was awesome serving here, getting to know and love the people, and seeing all the beautiful wonders of Southeast Alaska. This Wednesday I will be flying to North Anchorage to serve in the Dimond Ward as district leader. I'm super excited not only because it's something new and I'll be able to see missionaries again but Dimond Ward is a Samoan speaking ward. My companion will be Elder Vaioa. Even though we came out together I don't know anything about him. In the MTC he could only speak Samoan so hopefully his English is a lot better. Hopefully I'll be able to do more than just bare my testimony. 

Alolofa ma misia outou uma
(Love and miss you all)

 Elder Ogden

Saying Goodbye to Beautiful Petersburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment