September 6, 2016

Bennett's staying in Fishhook:


The state fair has been going on for the past two weeks now. We finally had the opportunity to go on Monday last week. Apparently there was going to be monkeys riding dogs but the monkeys didn't catch their flight. The State Fair up here was really weird. The sun finally came out for the first time. It literally had been all rain and clouds before that. I went on exchanges with Elder Brown. That was really fun. He's awesome just like Elder Pace. I got really lucky with both of those exchanges because those are the only two people that I wanted to go on exchanges with. We ate our breakfast at a McDonalds. I couldn't believe the prices. They don't have a dollar menu here. They don't even have a value menu. Something that cost a dollar in Utah would be three dollars here.

We got transfer calls. No surprise I'm staying in the same area with Elder Agad. Unfortunately Both Elder Pace and Elder Brown are leaving the Zone. I guess I'll actually have to start talking to people I don't really want to. Jk. I still have Elder Leland in my Zone. But he's my last hope.

We have a bunch of trees right next to our window. And there are these squirrels that live in them. Elder Agad named them George and Jane. Every morning when I'm eating breakfast they start fighting. They go absolutely crazy. They jump tree to tree running around. They seriously shake the entire tree when they start fighting. Sometimes their friend James joins in but he doesn't really go crazy.

I've been watching a Mormon message a day. This past week I found these two. I've been sharing these two with the members. I can't explain how strong the spirit was when I first saw these. They both are some of the best Mormon messages I've seen. The second talks about having faith even in the hardest times of life. The first is about how we don't understand the influence we have on others.

https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/you-never-know

https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/mountains-to-climb-2

President Henry B. Eyring say are true. I testify of "That particle of faith most precious and which you should protect and use to whatever extent you can is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ." I have earnestly been trying my hardest to follow these simple words. In doing so I have seen too many blessings in my life to count.  I am forever grateful and indebted to my Heavenly Father.  Not because of what he has given me so far but because of the things I know he knows I can accomplish. It is only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that I am able to become the man he wants me to be. It is only through "serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul that turns testimony of truth into unbreakable spiritual strength." And that is what he wants of me, you, and everyone. For when we have unbreakable spiritual strength we can accomplish anything the Lord asks of us. I testify the Lord works miracles in times of need. Often times he strengthens us by stretching us to our very limits. In doing so we realize the greatest gift of all. The Atonement of our Savior and our Redeemer. I leave with you these things in the name of my brother, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Ogden






No comments:

Post a Comment